Monday, October 4, 2010

EVO 4G and Droid Incredible vie for title of best Android hotspot in informal test

Wireless tethering is rapidly becoming a desirable option in top-tier smartphones, but which device delivers the best? Laptop Magazine swore to find out, pitting six Android favorites (two HTC, two Motorola and two Samsung) against one another. Unsurprisingly, the HTC EVO 4G came out on top, averaging 5.09 Mbit / sec downloads and a 3.65 second page load time when 4G connectivity was present, but intriguingly enough it's the freshly-upgraded Droid Incredible that pulled the best speeds on 3G. Lest you think Motorola was trounced in this little competition, the Droid 2 actually delivered websites the fastest at 4.425 seconds on average -- besting the Samsung Epic 4G on 4G -- and Droid X owners can find consolation in the fact their handset is really good at loading ESPN for some reason.

1 comment:

Leight said...

Good to know. I have the Incredible but haven't tried the hotspot option yet. I found an app that lets me tether to my laptop for free so I use that when I am in a pinch.